Pages

Amin... Amin....Ya Rabbal Alamin...

I blew a total of 3 big candles and 5 small candles yesterday. Yup, I just turned 35. A year older, a year wiser and a year hotter? hahahha i wish....

My colleagues took me to a restaurant at Jalan Ampang for a middle eastern cuisine for lunch. It was my first time there. Normally I would either go to Saba' at Cyberjaya or Al-Rawsha near Jalan Aman. Food wise, not bad. The lamb is so tender. Dua kali tambah tu. The repercussion after the scrumptious food - I had to struggle my very best to keep my eyes wide open. 

The exterior of the building...

That's the name of the restaurant...

The yummy Tabouleh

The chicken & lamb are deep inside the fragrant rice...

We ordered the grilled chicken just in case, the food is not enough...hehehehe...tamak betul...

We were too engrossed with the rice that we totally forgot about this bread...

Unfortunately, they don't have Barbican. So, we all pun amik ajer la Hillsbury nie. Turns out to be not bad.

Dinner last nite was just a simple affair, surrounded by the loved ones - my beloved family.  Too occupied in catching up with one another, none of us remembered to snap some photos.
Nevertheless, this is what I ate...

Tamak sangat kan....tu yang tak habis makan....

Me & the cake....

Remember 2 weeks ago, I wrote an entry on Bluey? Bluey was the name given by Cha Cha. I've been driving my  Bluey for more than 3 years. Love the ride so much. Small, chic and sleek - the car really personifies me.

my beloved bluey at my regular spot...

 Its a fact of life that there would be a good bye to each hello and this time it was none other than my Bluey. After all the hard work,God has decided to reward me with something really sweet. I could have said the management, however, I would prefer to go somewhat higher level, which is the Lord itself.

Yours truly got promoted last September. The new role comes with a few added benefit aka package. One of it is in the form of automobile. I remembered the HR officer informing me that the car would arrived in November. Unbeknown to me that the car would arrive sometime near my birth date. You can imagine how ecstatic I was when they informed me that my car was ready to be picked.

The new ride arrived last Friday. Just in time for my birthday, according to my dept secretary. I requested for the car to be picked at the outlet itself, since it was quite near my home.

Ok tak?

I can't be keeping both cars. MrN and I have given much thought and we have resorted to let go of Bluey. It was not an easy decision, but its the best option as it would likely reduce some of my liability and increases my current asset (money of course). In short, I can at least free up some cash for my new humble abode.

To the new owner of Bluey - none other than my Angah - take care of Bluey tau! Calar, siap!

Alhamdulillah is the most appropriate word to describe how I truly felt at this moment. I will not be where I am right now without the guidance and blessing from Allah Almighty.

 “My Lord, help me and do not give help against me; grant me victory, and do not grant victory over me; plan on my behalf and do not plan against me; guide me, and made my right guidance easy for me; grant me victory over those who act wrongfully towards me; O Allah, make me grateful to Thee, mindful of Thee, full of fear towards Thee, devoted to Thy obedience, humble before Thee,or penitent. My Lord, accept my repentance, wash away my sin, answer my supplication, clearly establish my evidence, guide my heart, make true my tongue and draw out malice in my breast.”
Source: Abdullah Ibn Abbas, in Sunan Abu Dawood, Hadith #595

Amin, Amin, Ya Rabbal Alamin...thank you Lord, for the sweet things in life.....

11 comments:

dieya said...

happy birthday hot mama!
wowwweee celebrating your birthday with a brand new car! awesomeness! patutlaa baik hati offer bluey kat i hari tu yek :-p
looking at the cake, i bet it's chocolate banana?

November 16, 2010 at 8:14 PM
PatinPasta said...

Maya,
Happy birthday to you! Seems that everything is going your way, congrats! Nanti posing la sket kat new ride tuh! :D

* lepas nih turn si Dieya lak ye? :D

November 17, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Maya Marisa said...

Dieya,
Thank you very much!
Tue ler, ari tu I offer bluey, u tak nak...hehehe
cake-yup! there's banana in it. macam tauX2 ajer. terrer betul you nie. u pun die-hard fan of pisang ker?? :P
p/s- concur with aida, kapan nona akan mendapatkan mobil?

Aida,
muchas gracias por el deseo de cumpleaños (betul ker i sebut nie?)it has been a challenging year, but alhamdulillah managed to get through it. posing kat keta? alamak! malu ler...

November 17, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Rima said...

Happy Birthday and Salam aidil adha to u and ur family.. alhamdullilah for all the sweet things in our life ey :o))

November 17, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Maya Marisa said...

Thanks a lot Rima and yes, alhamdulillah is still the best word to use...

November 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM

MamaTiaMia said...

Happy Belated Birthday Maya:)tak pernah ada chance nak tengok your full face but frm from peek a boo i know you are very hot indeed..he..hee..now tambah hot with MR Silver..big Congrats lucky you:) teringat masa first time company bagi peugeot dulu..i masa tu drive satria ajer..i pun jual..siap nangis lagi sedih:)..indeed Alhamdulillah tak bertepi kan:)

November 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM
somuffins said...

Maya
'Amin'.. Happy belated birthday n selamat hari raya qurban. Alhamdulillah for all the rezekis.

Kita tumpang gumbira semangkok dua ;-)

November 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM
Eine Frau aus Botnang said...

Maya Marisa dear, Happy Belated Birthday to you and semoga sentiasa dimurahkan rezeki selalu. Selamat naik pangkat and a good choice indeed, the ultimate driving machine semestinya dari Jarman heheh Congratulations dear, Alhamdullilah! Hebat sungguh and of course, Selamat Hari RAya Aidiladha to you and family too. Take care!

November 19, 2010 at 4:38 AM
Maya Marisa said...

MamaTiaMia,
TQVM. Dah tua dah pun I nie, tak de ler hot mana..suamX2 kuku ajer :).
sedihkan let go the car? tak kisah ler kecik or besar, sama jugak sayunyer. mana tak nyer, it was our hard earned money.
i nie pemalu orangnyer...nnti la one fine day, if i bumped into you, i will tegur u nnti ok..

November 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Cik Som,
Tima kacih daun keladi...err nak jejemput pisang semangkuk bole? :P

November 19, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Fasha,
TQVM and amiiinn..hope the doa is extended to you as well - dimurahkan rezeki, dipanjangkan umur, diterangkan hati..eh, melalut pulak i nie...
concur with you, jarman made cars, mmg the ultimate driving machine :)
without doubt, it was (and has been) tough for us women climbing the corporate ladder. ada ajer discrimination. tu belum masuk lagi the juggling act between work, marriage & family. in short, its not easy being a woman yea tak?

November 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Post a Comment