Pages

The In-Between


Let’s talk about food. Why? Because I just noticed that the last time I spoke about food was back in Dec last year. I am not a kitchen goddess. Nonetheless I love to share the outcome of my little misadventure in the realm world of culinary works.

Weekends, our most look forward days of the week. The day when everyone in my household is given the permission to wake up late, including me myself. Guilty as charge, I would head to bed after I performed my morning prayers. Unless if I have something going on in the morning.

Waking up late would mean that we have to forgo the first meal of the day – the breakfast. Nevertheless, it would be too early for us to take lunch. The best solution is to indulge in a hearty brunch.

I love eggs. I love bread. I love tomatoes. I love having the trio for my brunch. Accompanied with a steaming hot cup of coffee, the whole ensemble is just bliss.

What we had today
Walnut + Rye Bread with Menemen, a Turkish scramble egg






What we had yesterday
Focaccia bread with egg + white mushroom + capsicums + celery + beef breakfast lean





What we had last week Sunday
Mediterranean Herb bread with scrambled egg + grilled tomatoes + grilled beef breakfast lean + cucur udang geragau





What we had last week Saturday
Toasted sourdough bread with scramble egg + grilled tomatoes + grilled beef breakfast lean + grilled mushroom



The secrets are out…hehhee…now you know why we love waking up late on weekends – it’s because of the food indulgence.. lol!


16 comments:

Mira Marlena said...

First of all,the pics look scrummy!You guna camera apa ye Maya cuz i'm all in camera hunting mood these days.
Kiranya dah masuk brunch la ni ye?Even for SAHM like me,nothing beats a good weekend breakfast kan?

March 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM
~jeet~ said...

akhirnya..keluar jugak butang publish ni...

okeh..sambung comment, love the variant of bread, kitorang kat rumah mengadap gardenia je...hehehe...

March 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
PatinPasta said...

Maya,
Breakfast goddess perhaps? :D

Them breakfast look yummeh la! Roti + telur = Unbeatable combination kan?

March 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Yong Kamariah said...

Salam kak ajie pah maya,

fuihhhhh roti-rotan for brekkie, kita suka... tp klu umah kita ni tak jalan... both son n father are nasi lemak lover, takleh idup gayanya klu tak pekena heavy brekkie!

March 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM
somuffins said...

Maya
Salam mesra dek Aji, hehe..

I sukerrrrrr bfast cenggitu but normally I punya would not be as lavish (sebab kita tak berapa rajin).

March 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Art lover, cinnamonworldofcolours said...

Salam...
Can't help it being kepo..
I love those kind of food, tak kira breakfast or anytime of the day!

March 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Maya Marisa said...

Mira,

makan di hujung minggu mmg ler mengasyikkan kan kan kan..
the photos were taken from 2 different types of camera. cap ayam jer pun. pics on the focaccia bread were taken using iphone, while the rest were taken with sony nex 5n

March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Jeet,

sambung comment? u ada komen ker before this? nnti i carik yea babe

March 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Aida,

ish, bukan breakfast goddess, i nak jadi brunch goddess..lol!

March 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Yong,

nie brekkie org diet..hahhaha. if tak diet, mmg sah i pekena nasi lemak..hahha

March 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Cik Som,

salam mesra gitu...
tak rajin? cet! tak caya lah. takper, nnti this weekend, if maya masak lebih, maya holler cik som yea?!

March 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Art lover,

wksm, ish, i suka org dtg kepoX2 kat blog i. the more the merrier you.
food mcm nie, irresistible kan? camana la kita nie tak expand side ways kan?
oh ya, singgahX2 ler selalu...

March 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Maya, love the pics here. I guess where food is concerned, some live to eat, others eat to live.
Me, I eat to live, not really particular as long not lamb, duck, goat, kerbau, ha ha.
And no fast food, maybe when the moon is blue.
We live across from a McDonalds. Been in about 6 times in 25 years, 4 times coffee with friends, twice try out their whatever.

Again, most people enjoy a sleep-in weekends, I don'y, buka mata, I'm out of bed, and have my iced coffee, at 6am, even Sundays.
You have a nice weekend.
Keep well.
Lee.

March 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM
dieya said...

Wahhhh kenduri roti!
I love the egg + mushroom combo. Dump in some cheese and make an omelette.. Wallahhh!

March 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Maya Marisa said...

Uncle Lee,

guess what? when it comes to eat-to-live, it only applies to me during weekdays...hahhaa..
cos if i over-indulge myself during office hours, i'll be snoring during the meetings or at my desk. hence calories intake during working days are normally in the range of 1200-1500 cals. also i only cook during weekends. hence explains my extravagant brunch meals. the beauty of taking a brunch - it will keep the tummy full right till evening, just in time for dinner...hahhaa ..me & my tak boleh pakai theory.
take care & have a nice day ahead Uncle Lee!

March 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Maya Marisa said...

Dieya,

ya betul!!! moh join my kenduri roti!

March 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Post a Comment