Pages

Sinfully Delicious


What happened when I combine all my favorite sweet treats together? 

I got this - a sinfully delicious dessert!


Super fudgy brownies with chocolate chip orange crunch cookies topped with sliced almonds and white chocolate chips. 


My oh my, they didn’t come up with the old saying “live to eat” for no reason. I first caught the glimpse of this at Rima’s blog. I was smitten at the very first sight.

What put me off was the almost equal layer of choc chips and the brownies. Don’t get me wrong, I love both, but I would prefer my brownies to take a dominant stand as compared to the cookies. Also, when it comes to the cookies, I would prefer mine to have the tangy citrus flavor. 


The fudgier the brownies, the better it taste – that’s the cardinal rule of a perfect brownie according to MrN. Easy peasy, google it, and the recipe from Martha Stewart will appear. The next biggest task is to find the perfect chocolate chip cookies recipe.

I recalled having bookmarked a page in the NYTimes on a recipe by the famous French chocolatier, Jacques Torres. I followed the recipe to the T. The only minor thing added was, the zest of an orange. Yes you heard it right, the zest of ONE orange. Remember I mentioned earlier that I like my cookies to have a citrusy flavor? Hehehe…


Assembly time. As I said earlier on, I like my brownie to be at the centre stage, not as equal layer as the cookie? Well, the idea of moulding the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and subsequently pour the brownie batter onto it came spontaneously. Me and my not so genius invention! 


To make the existing ensemble more sinful, I decided to top the batter with almonds and white choc chips. Wait, I got a confession to make, the white choc chips are accidental – it will be expiring end of march. Such a total waste to throw it away. So, instead I ‘dumped’ it onto the brownies. Hehehehe…




The end result – aaahhhhhhhhh….total bliss! I think the old saying of “Live to eat” speaks well about this sinfully delicious dessert. 


10 comments:

dieya said...

Kak pah maya.. Tolonglah berhenti menggoda diri ini with your sinfully delicious fresh from the oven chocolatey confections.. Don't u know chocolate is my weakness? Skrg mana i nak carik brownies jam 1 pagi...??

March 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Yong Kamariah said...

arghhhhh clever girl! tidak mengwastekan apa2 yg nak expired me likey! And I always love almond. ari tu skodeng blog kak Rima mmg termimpi2lah nak bake brownies berlayer2 ngan cookie nih, but your version looks so mengancam lah babe! so sinful lah you Maya make me drooling over!

March 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM
somuffins said...

Maya
Sah sinful, berdosya taw make our saliva mengalir membasahi kolar baju..

*sambil menonong kedapur*

March 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM
PatinPasta said...

Maya,
Menggugat iman. Tak buleh tengok, berdosa!

March 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Rima said...

first of.. ty for trying.. am baking another batch this monday for an order and i will use another type of oreos .. ur version pun kira alright what.. as long as it comes out fudgy hehe

March 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Maya Marisa said...

Dieya,

Tu lah, next time, stay dekat dgn rumah i. nnti senang I anta food yg lebihX2 tu kat u…hehehe

March 25, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Maya Marisa said...

Yong,

Apa lagi, cepat bake this weekend. Bole bawak bekal the coming Monday ker opis…

March 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Maya Marisa said...

Cik Som,

Banyak betul dosa Maya nie yea kat cik som…hehhehee
So, pegi dapur tu, membaking ka??? :-P

March 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Maya Marisa said...

Aida,

Ish, where got menggugat….. menggoda jer…hahaha

March 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Maya Marisa said...

Rima,

Yup true – as long as its fudgy. Thanks ya babe for sharing such a wonderful dessert!

March 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Post a Comment