Pages

One step at a time



Sometimes in life, you just have to make the bold step to move on. It's not easy, but you just have to take the risk. Tapi kannn, since when life is easy yea tak? Everything that we do there are always pros & cons that we need to weigh & take into consideration.

I make the bold step to leave my job and return home. Funny that I do not have anything firm on hand yet at that point of time. I just take the plunged. Undeniably, many things came into my mind. One of it is without doubt ... $$$. 

Face the fact, all of us have financial commitment. There are bills to be paid, loans to be settled and bla bla bla. With minor cuts here and there, we manage to balance it out. So that's the starting point of my adventure in becoming a stay-at-home-mummy to my darling angel Cha Cha.

Part of the reason of my return is to help my ibu for my youngest bro's wedding. Yup my little chubby brother has decided to settle down. 




Oh ya, I promised to inform you where I was posted in my last job... hehehe... below is the hint. Guess where is that place.... 



God is ever merciful. Out of the blue, I received an email via linkedin from a connection of mine requesting for a meet up cum chat session as he is interested to know what I did in my past job. Of course I asked MrN's view on it first prior to the meet up. Reason being, I have heard that few linkedin users have treated it like a dating site rather than a professional joint avenue. MrN encouraged me to give it a try. Should I find it awkward and fishy, he told me to cut short the conversation and leave the place. Being a "isteri mithali" wannabe, I (yeah, please laugh)  I followed his advice.  

We chatted about my previous work scope plus my past experience as a management consultant. He's more interested to know why I left the consulting work and joined the industry instead. I told him the truth - I have had enough of bullshitting to the client... hehehee.. (Find this comedy miniseries called House of Lies and you'll understand what I mean). To be frank, I was rather surprised as to why I was bold enough to say that out loud. I even told him that being in the industry, the table has turned - now it's my turn to catch the consultant if they are telling the truth or not... goshhhhh.... me and my blardy loud mouth.

But hey, guess what happened next? He offered me a place under his team! He said he would get his other colleague to interview me. I was stunned. I did not expect that the casual chat was actually an interview session. To  cut the long story short - I'll be reporting to work on the 1st April, which is next Monday. Got my offer letter late last week. The surprise does not end there. The Snr Vice Pres emailed me via linkedin few days back welcoming me to his group and had asked me to drop by his office first thing on Monday. Hhhmmmm... it pays to tell the truth... and most importantly, God is ever merciful.....Alhamdulillah


P/s: the pay cheque is almost the same as what i used tos get..... amin, amin ya rabbal alamin....

6 comments:

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Maya Marisa, long time no see.
first of all congratulations. Glad to know you'll be starting on a new job next week. Here's wishing you every success and you'll be comfortable in your new place.

What you posted is very interesting, life is full of decisions. And I believe it's better to make a decision than not too.
And not always making a good one, but we learn from experiences.

The biggest decision I've ever made was giving up everything, and starting life again in a new country.
REgrets I have, but too few to mention.
Anyway, good luck, and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

March 30, 2013 at 5:51 AM
PatinPasta said...

Maya, happy to hear everything is going great in your path despite a minor bump. Good luck in your new job, you're gonna be amazing like always.

March 31, 2013 at 1:46 AM
CS said...

Maya
Tahniah...
Kalau dah rezeki, memang tak kemana, kankankan??

Psst...takde 'made in Turkey', ke? ahaks..

April 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM
~jeet~ said...

Alhamdulillah.... good for you ;)rezeki Allah bagi, kita tak tau datang dari mana...all the best!!

April 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Yong Kamariah said...

alhamdulillah... rezeki allah tu pah maya, good luck with your new job! pah maya mesti lady boss punya, kasi gegar itu company! hehe

April 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Rima said...

Mayaaaa.. eh eh i very the long time never get to walk walk u know... sometimes i very the miss tau to do that but keadaan tak mengizin kan.. ur back?? lahhhh dah basi baru nak comment kahkahkah... welcome back and good luck ok...

April 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Post a Comment